7 Small Ways to Increase Speaking Invitations
May 11, 2022
At Called Creatives, we believe that God has gifted women in a multitude of ways in order to bring influence. There is no lid on what can be released through a woman whose heart is set on stewarding her influence well. One of the ways that women walk out their call is in the area of speaking. This may range from leading small groups (even in the home) to sharing a message on a stage in front of thousands.
If the goal is for your message to reach others beyond your home, finding your place at the mic may seem daunting. But it might not be as far off as you think. Here are seven ideas to help you broaden your reach and increase your invitations to speak.
- Be faithful: What has God put in your hands right now? Consistency and intention in the season you are in will plant seeds for the areas he is calling you to later. There are no shortcuts when it comes to this holy process. You never know what doors God will open for you when you are faithful to the right now.
- Hone your message: What exactly are you saying? If you want a message to resonate with others, it needs to be something you’ve wrestled with first. As ministry leaders search for specific topics to share with their audiences, they will be clear about what you can bring to the table.
- Invest in your craft: Where do you need to improve? Speaking is its own artform. Called Creatives is a perfect place to not only give you the training you need but also cultivate opportunities through networking.
- Do Your Research: Who is your target audience? Who do they follow? What books are they reading? What types of conferences or gatherings are they attending? Are there churches involved that may be looking for guest speakers? Do you know someone that is associated that can give a good word for you? When you know who your target audience is, you’ll know where to find them. Getting invited to speak in these places may be as simple as knocking on the right doors.
- Create a marketable product: What are the ways your message can get into the hands of others? Writing a book, creating a lead magnet, sending a press kit or book, or recording a podcast are ways that audiences can grab a hold of your words and get your voice out there to lead to more speaking opportunities.
- Speak live on social media: How are you utilizing the most people-centric space in the world to introduce and market your speaking? Using the video tools available through online platforms, you can learn in real time what resonates with others. As well, recording and listening to yourself later will help you tighten your delivery. Social media can give conference organizers a glimpse of who you are and what you can bring to the table as a speaker.
- Online Conferences: Are you looking for opportunities in new and unique spaces? As opportunities for in-person conferences decreased in the past couple years, online conferences bloomed. Not only were larger gatherings live-streaming their content but it gave people from all walks of life the opportunity to form their own virtual conferences. These are excellent ways to get your message out and for some, the barrier of entry is a simple application process, like She Leads Church. Invitation may also come through word of mouth because of your marketable product, relationships you’ve cultivated online, your podcast or your online videos.
These are just a few ideas to consider as you walk out your journey of sharing the message God has given you. What you have to share through Him is good news. As you pursue your call and walk in faithfulness, our prayer is that you will see more and more opportunities unfold for you!
We hope these ideas inspire you to further the reach of your message. At Called Creatives our desire is to help women like you write and speak with influence and impact. Join us for access to additional topics, exclusive training and connection opportunities. Our content is specifically cultivated to help you succeed in whatever form your calling takes.
We hope these tips help you make the best decisions for your career!
At Called Creatives our desire is to help women like you write and speak with influence and impact. Join us for access to additional topics, exclusive training and connection opportunities. Our content is specifically cultivated to help you succeed in whatever form your calling takes.