10 Simple Ways your Notes App Can Deliver Big Results
Jun 01, 2022
When it comes to writing down content, there are many good options. . If you are only interested in journaling your thoughts, a pen and paper will suffice. . But it requires a different process to release messages for public consumption. We’ve come a long way from typewriter-created manuscripts. We now have the ability to jot down words in any moment or margin that inspiration hits. It’s not just about the big word processors like Microsoft Word, pages or even Scrivener, anymore.
The notes app on your phone, whether builtin or purchased, can be your best friend when it comes to keeping a consistent writing lifestyle.
Here are ten ways your notes app can deliver big results. (These are tips based on Apple’s notes app, but a comparable one for Android is Google Keeps app.)
- Random thoughts: This is basically the essence of sticky notes, planners—the composition notebook we carried to school. You have a record keeper at your fingertips, so when something happens that you need to write down, you don’t have to go hunting for a piece of paper or a pen .
- Organization: This is one of the best features of the notes app. Once you create a folder, you can create another folder within that. For instance, if you have a folder that is for fiction book ideas, you can create multiple sub-folders for each book idea or even, titles. . From there you can add notes to those subfolders like chapters, filling in scenes and thoughts as they come to you.
- Task Lists: The ability to format text in the notes app as a check-off list is game changing. Checking items off a task list gives us a sense of accomplishment that encourages us to move on to the next. If you use this in the context of a writing project, you can check off tasks you’ve completed and better stay on track with deadlines.
- Social Media formatting: If you don’t want to use an additional app to format your Instagram caption, you can type them into your notes app and then copy and paste into your posts. This is a great way to edit beforehand and keep track of what you’re posting.
- Syncing: Did you start something on your computer and need to finish it on your phone while on the go? ? No problem! When you have your notes app on the cloud (or something similar), your work is updated and can continue with no issue. The ability to move things back and forth with the sync feature via the notes app is especially helpful for mobile work.
- Saving online content: Your notes app can become your personal mini pinterest. When you click on the share button online, you should see the option to save that picture, link, address, etc into your notes app. You can designate it to your device or cloud and then pick what folder it needs to go into.
- Drawing: The notes app gives you the ability to write with your handwriting or just doodle. This is very helpful if you need to work out an idea on “paper” but don’t have that available.
- Sharing: This is a great way to create and send a grocery shopping list or conserve time by sending a vacation packing list to the family at one time. You can share your note with someone else, updating the list in real time.
- Password protected notes: This is a really neat feature that allows you to keep some things like other passwords, medical information, travel information and other private information only accessible through a password.
- Transcribing: Tired of typing? Use your notes app to transcribe your words. It may not come out perfectly, but that’s what editing is for! This is a great way to release a chunk of content when inspiration hits.
There are so many other ways to use your notes app beyond what is listed here. Hopefully you learned something new that will help you bring organization and simplicity into your life. You may not need to spend extra money on a system when what you need is right there in your hand.
We hope these practical tips help you make the most of the tools at your fingertips. At Called Creatives our desire is to help women like you write and speak with influence and impact. Join us for access to additional topics, exclusive training and connection opportunities. Our content is specifically cultivated to help you succeed in whatever form your calling takes.
We hope these tips help you make the best decisions for your career!
At Called Creatives our desire is to help women like you write and speak with influence and impact. Join us for access to additional topics, exclusive training and connection opportunities. Our content is specifically cultivated to help you succeed in whatever form your calling takes.